This list of free SVG files for Silhouette is perfect for Silhouette users searching for food-friendly designs or large designs. Silhouette cutting machines are very easy to use. So what is the difference between using an SVG file for Silhouette compared to Cricut? Maybe the biggest advantage for Silhouette is that it is food-friendly and can cut fondant and food crafts. Another huge advantage for Silhouette machines is the cutting space! For instance, the Cameo 3 can cut 10 feet in length and 12 inches in width. The Cricut Explore 2 has a maximum cutting size of 23.5 inches in length and 11.5 inches in width. So this list features food-friendly designs or very large SVG files that are free. Otherwise, you can see our extensive Free SVG Files for Cricut list here (and of course – the Silhouette will be able to cut those too!).
Food Friendly Designs
- Cupcake Wrappers With Bottoms – How CUTE would it be to make these cupcake wrappers in fondant and edible? Then you can forego the paper altogether and… just… YUM!!!
- Cupcake Wrapper With Flower – This cupcake wrapper would also be great to make edible. The file includes a cute little flower for the top as well!
- Happy Birthday Cake Topper – Make your cake toppers edible by cutting them out with something yummy! This happy birthday cake topper is a great way to do just that.
- Cupcake Topper Bundle – This one features more cake toppers: it’s a boy, it’s a girl, best dad ever, best mom ever, and happy birthday.
- Wedding Cake Topper – Mr & Mrs cake topper for that big day!
- 3D Rose – Create flowers to add to a beautiful cake or dessert!
- Giant Rose – Warning, only use these giant roses for a HUGE statement!!! You can always size them down for your needs. It would make an amazing statement on top of a wedding or birthday cake!
- Flourish Designs – These flourishes would be fantastic to add to a cake and make it your own.
- Bird Silhouettes – Keep in mind, you can get really creative! For instance, how great would it be to cut out these cute bird silhouettes in chocolate fondant? Yes, Please!
Obviously you will want to find the right food or fondant material for your machine so you do not risk tearing the machine or the food up.
Free SVG Files for Silhouette – Large Designs
- Giant Rose – I am going to list this one again, because it is just so pretty! Silhouette will be able to handle this huge rose design – with plenty of room for you to customize how you’d like it to cut out! These large roses are great for wall decorations!
- Vintage Border – This larger ornamental element is perfect for a split border or split monogram and you can make it quite large as well!
- Dining Room Sign – This design is perfect to create a huge impact, especially in your dining room or kitchen. You can make it very large!
- Welcome Sign – Large vertical signs are easy as pie for the Silhouette!
- Welcome Signs – Here are a few other vertical welcome sign versions.
- Party Banners – If you like to create your own banners for birthday parties and celebrations you will be able to fit lots of these flags on your cutting surface at once.
- And The Stockings Were Hung – This is the perfect idea for Christmas time!
- I Believe – Another great idea for Christmas decoration.
The more vertical or horizontal a design is – the better it will work for Silhouette compared to Cricut, because you will be able to size it up very large.
If you want to see lots more free files go see our post about Free SVG Files for Cricut.
Sign up for our mailing list!